Department of Computer Science
Address: Science Building, 3rd Floor, Room 80 (S-3-80)
I am an Assistant Professor with the Department of Computer Science at University of Massachusetts, Boston (UMB). Prior to joining UMB in Fall 2015, I was a Postdoctoral Researcher (with Prof. David Kotz, FIEEE) at Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH in THaW project from National Science Foundation. I received the PhD degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering (under Prof. Sherman Shen, FIEEE and Prof. Xiaodong Lin, FIEEE), University of Waterloo, Canada, in 2013. I received the BSc and MSc degree in Computer Science from Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China, in 2006 and 2009, respectively. My research interests lie in areas of Applied Crypto, Security, Privacy, and Trustworthiness for Mobile Healthcare, Mobile Social Networks, Internet of Things, and Wearable Computing. According to Google Scholar, my H-Index is 33 as of Februray, 2017. Please check my CV for more details [PDF].
I am looking for self-motivated Ph.D. students who are interested in cyber security research! Please email me your C.V. if interested.
- November 25, 2016 - Our paper "LightTouch: Securely Connecting Wearables to Ambient Displays with User Intent" has been accepted by IEEE INFOCOM, 2017. (Acceptance ratio 20.93%)
- October 21, 2016 - Our paper "Efficient Public Verification of Data Integrity for Cloud Storage Systems from Indistinguishability Obfuscation" has been accepted by IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics & Security, 2016.
- October 12, 2016 - Our paper "Exploiting Social Network to Enhance Human-to-Human Infection Analysis Without Privacy Leakage" has been accepted by IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing, 2016.
- September 27-28, 2016 - Xiaohui attended 2016 Strategic Innovation Symposium: The Intelligent Enterprise at Harvard University in Boston, MA. [Program]
- August 24, 2016 - Our paper "Privacy Leakage of Location Sharing in Mobile Social Networks: Attacks and Defense" has been accepted by IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing, 2016.
- July 31, 2016 - Xiaohui gave a talk on "Security, Privacy, and Trustworthiness in Medical Cyber Physical Systems"at Zhejiang University, China. [Link]
- July 22, 2016 - Our paper "When CSI Meets Public WiFi: Inferring Your Mobile Phone Password via WiFi Signals" has been accepted by the 23nd ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security (CCS 2016). (Acceptance ratio 16.37%)
- July 22-24, 2016 - Xiaohui attended the third annual Community College Cyber Summit (3CS) at Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- July 1, 2016 - Our paper "Privacy-preserving mHealth Data Release with Pattern Consistency" has been accepted by IEEE GLOBECOM 2016. Thanks to my PhD students Mohammad and Thamer!
- June 27, 2016 - The First International Workshop on Security, Privacy, and Trustworthiness in Medical Cyber Physical Systems (MedSPT 2016) has been successfully held! It is organized in conjunction with IEEE CHASE 2016 at Washington DC! [Program]
- May 23, 2016 - Our paper "Towards Efficient and Privacy-preserving Location-based Comment Sharing" has been accepted by IEEE/CIC International Conference on Communications in China (ICCC), 2016. Thanks to my PhD students Thamer and Mohammad!
- May 9-10, 2016 - Xiaohui presented a poster "Torwards Privacy-Preserving mHealth Data Release" at the Computing Community Consortium workshop on Computing Research: Addresssing National Priorities and Societal Needs at Washington, DC. [Poster Video]
- May 9, 2016 - Our paper "Privacy-Preserving Ride Sharing Scheme for Autonomous Vehicles in Big Data Era" has been accepted by IEEE Internet of Things Journal, 2016.
- April 13, 2016 - Xiaohui received an Internet of Things (IoT) Technology Research Award from Google! [Flyer]
- April 12, 2016 - Xiaohui received an Joseph P. Healey Research Grant (July 2016 - June 2017) from University of Massachusetts Boston!
- April 4, 2016 - Xiaohui attended NSF CISE CAREER Workshop at Arlington, Virginia.
- March 27, 2016 - Xiaohui has joined the Technical Program Committee of IEEE INFOCOM 2017.
- February 28, 2016 - Xiaohui has joined the Technical Program Committee of IEEE GLOBECOM 2016.
- January 15, 2016 - Our paper "PIF: A Personalized Fine-grained Spam Filtering Scheme with Privacy Preservation in Mobile Social Network" has been accepted by IEEE Transactions on Computational Social Systems, 2016.
- Nov 26, 2015 - Our paper "Wanda: Securely Introducing Mobile Devices" has been accepted by IEEE INFOCOM, 2016. (Acceptance ratio 18.25%)
- Oct. 14, 2015 - Xiaohui gave a tutorial presentation on "Security and Privacy in E-health Systems" at IEEE HealthCom 2015.
- May 11, 2015 - Our paper "Security and Privacy for Mobile Healthcare Networks - from Quality-of-Protection Perspective" has been accepted by IEEE Wireless Communications Magazine, 2015.
- March 24, 2015 - Xiaohui has joined the Technical Program Committee of IEEE INFOCOM 2016.
- Februray 19, 2015 -
Our paper "Enabling Fine-grained Multi-keyword Search Supporting
Classified Sub-dictionaries over Encrypted Cloud Data" has been
accepted by IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing, 2015.
- January 5, 2015 -
Xiaohui attended the National Science Foundation Secure and
Trustworthy Cyberspace (SaTC) Principal Investigators' Meeting and presented a poster on
January 5-7, 2015 in Arlington, Virginia.
- December 1, 2014 - Xiaohui received the "Statement of Accomplishment with Distinction" from Vanderbilt University's course "An Introduction to Evidence-Based Undergraduate STEM Teaching". (196 out of 5908 participants, 3.3%)
- November 16, 2014 -
Our paper "Exploiting Mobile Social Behaviors for Sybil Detection" has been accepted by IEEE INFOCOM 2015. (Acceptance ratio 19%)
- August 19, 2014 - Xiaohui gave a presentation on "Securely Connecting Wearable Health Devices to External Displays," USENIX Summit on Health Information Technologies, August, 2014. Presentation
- July 21, 2014 -
Our recent SpringerBriefs book "Security and Privacy in Mobile Social
Networks", was reviewed in July’s ACM Computing Reviews. Review
- June 16-19, 2014 - Xiaohui attended Mobisys 2014 held in Bretton Woods, US, and presented a poster "Balancing Disclosure and Utility of Personal Infomation".
- April 27-May 2, 2014 - Xiaohui attended Infocom 2014 held in Toronto, Canada.
- January 23, 2014 - Xiaohui joined the Department of Computer Science at Dartmouth College as a Postdoctoral Researcher, funded by Trustworthy Health and Wellness (THaW).
- December, 2014 - Xiaohui attended the Trustworthy Health and Wellness (THaW) Kick-off meeting.
- November, 2013 - Our SpringerBriefs book "Mobile Social Network: Challenges and Solutions of Security and Privacy" has been submitted and accepted.
- August, 2013 - Xiaohui received the "Outstanding Achievement in Graduate Studies" honour from University of Waterloo.
- June, 2013 - Our paper "EPS: An Efficient and Privacy-Preserving Service Searching Scheme for Smart Community" has been accepted by IEEE Sensor Journal.
- May, 2013 - Xiaohui received the Doctoral Thesis Completion Award, University of Waterloo.
- January, 2013 - Our paper "Fully Anonymous Profile Matching in Mobile Social Networks" has been accepted by IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications.