- A wiki is a website that members can edit (except for wikipages for organizer-only editing).
- This private wiki can be viewed only by you, your instructor(s), and the CCT wikimeister. Its primary use will be—if the instructor sets this up for the course—as a "drop box" for your assignments and comments on them, providing you with a record of your process of development through the course.
- (A secondary use will be if you want to select items for a "process review" for a course, a portfolio for a course, or a Reflective Practitioner's Portfolio for your CCT studies as a whole.)
- If you are reading this, you must already have signed into the realm of umb.edu wikspaces for the first time (using your umb email username and password), have been pre-enrolled into (or accepted the invitation to join) this particular wiki, and have signed in.
- To learn how to edit, insert pictures, upload and link files, etc. experiment in the sandbox where you can mess up. Click on the sandbox link to get you to that wikipage. Then click on "edit this page," type some text, then click "Save." Once you have the hang of that, try out all the buttons in the edit bar.
Don't fret if something messes up when you are editing. Email email@example.com (put "Attention: CCT wikimeister" in the subject line) and you'll get help to restore a previous version of the page.
- If you see funny symbols, you might be in the "Text editor" window. Look for "Visual editor" button (scroll down under "Save") and click on that for a more intuitive wordprocessing experience.
- When you have successfully practiced uploading a file linked to some place in the sandbox, you can move to your individual drop box/portfolio for the courses (which should be in the menu below) and upload files.
- See video tutorial on the basic idea of uploading assignments to a wiki drop-box
- One rule about file names: If you upload a revised version of an assignment, rename it before you upload it to indicate that it is a newer version, e.g, Assignment1Rev3Nov.
- If you want to create additional wikipages, click on the New Page icon.
- To get easy access to that page later, edit this page, type a name for the wikipage into the list below, highlight the name, click on the chain (insert link) icon and fill in the pagename box and addlink button, save the change. (Don't delete the "include page" or CCT image you'll see.)
- If you ever want to get back to this instructions page, click on the name of this wiki at the top left.
- Need more help? Click on the help link above to learn more about how to use your wiki. Or consult with your peers.
Menu of wikipages