Hierarchy of Responsibilties
The way I like to think about our "work" is that it is about:
- 1) supporting students' intellectual & professional development;
- 2) supporting each other as colleagues in doing #1;
- 3) the research, writing, teaching, and organizational development activities that excite us (i.e., that led us to be academics);
- 4) the operating, planning, and ongoing development of the graduate & undergraduate programs we're affiliated with;
- 5) dealing with administrative & other mandates (e.g., NEASC, licensure, AQUAD review, NCLB,...) in ways that don't detract from #1-4.